Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Just Ask Me

New York Post's Page Six has a section called "Just Asking". They pose questions about certain people in the media, but never give you the answers leaving you to your own assumptions. Sometimes the answer is blatantly obvious, while others take some pondering. I'd like to pose a new segment called "Just Asking Pop Guru" where I give my own personal answers. Feel free to tell me what your answers would be in the comments. Please to enjoy...

- "Which multi-Oscar-winning leading man is not aging gracefully? While the ladies say he's great between the sheets, they get turned off by his bizarre nocturnal habit of using a chamber pot by his bed instead of the toilet." Ummm.... Vomit. I think it's fairly obvious that this is Jack Nicholson. He seems to get around a lot. Paul Newman has only won one Oscar and Clint Eastwood has been married for eleven years, so I don't think it can be either of them. Plus, I can't see Paul or Clint using a pot to relieve themselves. And I can't say the same for Jack, so he gets my vote.

- "Which socialite was conspicuously absent from the front row during Fashion Week because she was in rehab? The bride-to-be went to a 'special spa' to conquer her cocaine habit before the wedding." This one is a tough one. I immediately thought, "Paris! Lindsay! Nicole!" But none of those girls are engaged. It might be tiny Latina Eva Longoria, engaged to Tony Parker. The only thing that holds me back from that is they aren't getting married until July, so it seems a bit early for her to kick the habit. However, I can’t recall any pictures of her at fashion shows.

- "Which celebrity mom joins her daughter in snorting lines of cocaine?" Tina Knowles. Just kidding. Dina Lohan. Duh.

- "Which soulful singer is bulimic? Friends are concerned the stress of having a new album is causing her to throw up her meals." Joss Stone. She's just got a new album out and she sings pretty soulfully (is that a word?).

- "Which funnyman is having an affair? His wife doesn't mind - she's got her money and her status to keep her company." This could be Chris Rock. It has been reported for a while that he and his wife were getting a divorce, and he felt no comments were necessary. But now all of the sudden he has a movie out called I Think I Love My Wife and he's going all over town saying they are so much in love and nothing is wrong. But for some reason I can't see him as the cheating type. Nor can I see Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller (or can I?), or many other people. I would go with Jim Carrey because I'm not a huge fan, but he's not married. He's just shacking it up with Jenny McCarthy. Sooo... Robin Williams it is.