Wednesday, April 25, 2007

And another thing...

It's been a big day in the celebrity world. I don't think I've ever said "The View" this many times in one day.

- Turns out I was right. Sanjaya is the product of a drug-induced stupor. His mom, Jillain Blith, and sister, Shyamali, were both arrested in February 2005 for growing pot. Shyamali gave up her mom in exchange for a lighter sentence. Which makes me think... I see a book in Shyamali's future detailing her relationship with Sanjaya a la Donna Hogan's book about her sister entitled Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith.

- Speaking of Sanjaya, he is interviewed in this week's People magazine. He told the mag, "I've always gotten along with girls better because I was raised by women. I got teased in school because people figured I must be gay because I understand women. I think that's why guys didn't like me - because I got along with girls so well. When I went up to girls they would give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek like I was their gay friend. But I was the straight guy that understood them. [Before Idol] I had a girlfriend but she became clingy, and I didn't want to get into a really serious relationship because I was 16. I just wanted to date and have fun." For once, I'm going to have to go with "no comment"...

- After a judge's ruling today, Larry Birkhead is allowed to bring Dannielynn to the US as long as he brings her back in June for the full custody hearing. Ol' Virgie Arthur is allowed to appeal, but it may not have much effect. Since Larry has already sold pictures of his precious daughter that he has fought so desperately to control...I mean love...no telling what will happen when Dannielynn hits the homeland.

- By now, I'm sure you have all heard or heard about Alec Baldwin's voicemail he left on his daughter (with Kim Basinger) Ireland's cell phone last week. This Friday, he will be appearing on "The View". The segment was taped today and Baldwin was said to be "very heartfelt, apologetic and emotional". He said he doesn't want to do "30 Rock" anymore and would like to be removed from his contract. However, NBC just renewed the show for another season. NBC released this statement regarding Alec's comments: "Alec Baldwin remains an important part of '30 Rock'. We look forward to having him continue his role in the show.” Looks like your stuck with Jack Donaghy for now, buddy.

- Victoria Beckham eats?? I must say, I am shocked. In a recent interview, she said, "I began living on vegetables and nothing else. But it never occurred to me that I had an eating disorder." Now she says it is all about control and she's added fish and chicken to her diet. Woah... Slow down there, Posh. Next thing you know, you'll face plant into a giant chocolate cake!

- If you're thinking of getting into acting, maybe Screech could manage your career. Dustin Diamond has started his own management company called A Diamond in the Rough (how clever!) for washed up child actors. Britney Spears has already put in a few calls to his office.