Monday, April 30, 2007

Hello again!

After a very exhausting weekend, I'm back to Blogger mode! It's going to be a very busy week, but I'll do my best to get you celebrity news as much as possible.

- I'm going to the Tribeca Film Festival this week, because I'm awesome like that. Just like every other New Yorker. But for those of you who can't make it to the Big Apple, you can watch five of the short films showing at Tribeca here. I'm going to see Gardener of Eden starring Lukas Haas and directed by Kevin Connelly, aka E on "Entourage", Purple Violets with Selma Blair and directed by Edward Burns, and I'm also attending a panel called "FAME!: I'm Gonna Live Forever" about how people can be successful at being famous. The last one was too appropriate for me not to go. I'll let you know what the experience is like.

- Ellen Degeneres has thrown out her back and will be doing her shows from her hospital bed on set this week. My two favorites, Lindsay Lohan and Ryan Seacrest, will be stopping by during visiting hours.

- Debra Opri, the ex-lawyer for Larry Birkhead, will be teaming with Pamela Bach-Hasselhoff in her battle against hubby David Hasselhoff, aka Mitch Buchanan from "Baywatch". The former couple have basically told the world they hate each other, so this could get interesting.

- Damn it. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, or as I like to call her "that annoying bitch who cries too much on 'The View'", announced she is pregnant. Fan-freaking-tastic. Now we're going to have this forced on us for the next six months until she pops out the kid and takes her maternity leave.

- Speaking of "The View", the battle to replace Rosie has begun. And the top contender... Rosie! As in Roseanne Barr! This is so exciting! Although Roseanne claims she has yet to be approached, I'm begging ABC to make this happen. The other front-runners are Whoopi Goldberg, Connie Chung, Kathie Lee Gifford, and Joan Rivers, all of whom I don't think could be funny enough or stir up enough controversy to keep the dying show on the air. Connie Chung doesn't deserve the spot simply because of this terrible display from the last time someone pointed a camera at her...

- I don't how this is possible, but "Dirt" might be coming back for a second season.

- Looks like "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" is coming back May 24 after a three month hiatus. I really like this show, so I'm excited about this. Although I think it might be on life support.

- Poor New York was dumped by Tango and she's coming back for round two of "I Love New York", which means I am on the edge of my seat until the show comes back. She's having an open casting call if any of you are interested, which I'm sure you are.

- Britney Spears was pulled over for speeding on Friday night. She was slapped on the wrist with a warning and sent on her way. But I have a bigger bone to pick with the cue ball herself. I have to take back this outfit now that you wore it first. Thanks a lot, Brit.

Photo: Flynet